Adventure Awaits!

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Ring the Triangle! It's Dinnertime!

Yippee Ya'll,


It's Springtime! My favorite time of year. I have done nothing lately, but eat myself silly because in LA in the Spring means SEAFOOD!!!! I have been stuffing myself silly with crawfish, crab, shrimp, and whatever else. I have been able to mark my days by the seafood I have been having: Wednesdays equal taco and crawfish night with my jolie blon, Sundays equal grilled oyster night, and Fridays and Saturdays are prime times for a boil. One of my friends and I were talking about the fact in Louisiana Budweiser and other beer brands run ads that are only revelent to Louisiana. Like I was doing some grocery shopping and I saw an add for a "Bud and Boil" and another "Mardis Gras Miller." Apparently, enough beer gets drunk in Louisiana to warrant its own beer ads!!!

Well, my new food highlight has to be the seafood lasuagna that my friend made. It was by far the most decadent thing I have ever consumed and we all know I am not shy to eating! He made this by adding an enormous amount of mozorella cheese, ricotta, cream cheese, crab meat, and shrimp in the traditional noodle-layer lasuagna way. HOLY MACKERAL! Talk about comfort food. I could only eat half a piece and then almost immediately feel asleep with delight in my chair. Wowza. If you want a seaside pick me up, try making your own seafood creation.

Here's some picks from a shrimp boil my lovely friends had last week:
Photo by Gavin Jackson

Photo by Gavin Jackson
Well my dear darlin' friends, I'm scooting off to see and learn more about this place. So ya'll grab a beer or your preferred drink, listen to "Louisiana Hot Sauce" by Sammy Kershaw, and eat something real damn good.  Have ya'll a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment