Adventure Awaits!

Monday, April 4, 2011

Past Week Favorites

Hiya Ladies and Gents,

It's Monday, so that means more of my favorite things from the previous week!

1. Dock Boggs

Dock Boggs (What a handsome fella!)
So, ya'll probably figured out by now that I am a banjo player. Well good folks, I am trying to learn to play all kinds of songs. This fine man has quite a simple way of playing, but has some crazy old tunings that makes his songs one-uva-kind. A friend showed me a tuning to one song and shucks, that got me hooked on Mr. Boggs. Been quite keen on Dock for a good time now. Here's a song for ya'll';
2. Short-alls

Being the very classy lady that I am, I consider myself a serious fan and wearer of Daisy Dukes. However, I have managed to broaden my horizons this last week with a purchase of short-alls. For all of you that don't know, the short-all is the sexy sister of the overalls. It's basically overalls cut off to Daisy Dukes length, thus, making them short-alls. Always the fan of backwoods, country wear, I obtained a pair of short-alls to help get me through the hot Louisianne summer that is impending. What's a girl supposed to do in sticky, Southern, summer heat? Show a little thigh, that's the answer.

These are a child's pair of short-alls. No worries, I have a grown-up pair!

3. Mark Twain



So, I am a little bit of a bookworm. Believe it or not, I do find time between all my adventures of drinking, music, food, and rambling around to read a good book. I have been on a major Mark Twain kick. He's my main squeeze right now. I think living so dagum close to the Mississippi River has got me a little obsessed. I am currently reading Pudd'nhead Wilson. I get kinda roped in by authors. I started my reading his autobiography and now---Shew Wee---I may be in love. Only a genius can come up with characters like Tom Sawyer, Huck Finn, and Hellfire Hotchkiss. I cannot, I mean it, CANNOT recommend Mr. Twain enough. Also, you may want to start with his autobiography because his life story is just if not more entertaining than his novels.







Well, all ya'll have a wonderful Monday and no worries I will be back soon with more adventures!
Here's another Memphis Minnie for ya:

No comments:

Post a Comment