Adventure Awaits!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wanda Jackson Wednesday

Lord Help! You all know I love Wanda Jackson! I wanna grow up one day to be just the spittin' image of her. I love the "get up and go" she sings with. Well, I thought it being Wednesday, and me always the fan of alliteration, that I would dedicate Wednesday to spreading some Wanda goodness to the world. So darlins, I am going to include my favorite photo of the lovely Ms. Jackson.
 Wowza! To be so good lookin' and so talented. As my granddaddy would say, "God blessed her with a lottta thunder!" I will leave you to interpret that as you please. The lovely Wanda is one of my three heroines. She has written some great songs, with lyrics like "get your cotton pickin' fingers out of my curly hair." I write honky tonk/rockabilly songs myself and I believe she's my inspiration half the dagum time! Here's here singing "Hard Headed Woman" in 1958. Thanks Youtube!
That WANDA! What a woman! Anywhos, she's playing Bonnaroo this year with another of my heroines Loretta Lynn. Get your Wanda education on and buy her cd "Queen of Rock" from her early days.

 It's so worth it!


On another note, went to the BIG Easy last night for some fun and heard some music. Went to the ALLways Lounge for the first time. The first two bands weren't too great, but an old school honky tonk band called the Tumbleweeds (great name) played. The hit all of my key points: ten gallon hats, George Jones covers, Missouri accents, and handsome and tall glasses of whiskey. Check em out. We all know I got good taste: http://www.myspace.com/samdoores

No comments:

Post a Comment