Adventure Awaits!

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Back in the Red Stick

Lord Help. Since my last post, I have visited the local pirate bar called the Port Royal with my friend who is starting the South Louisiana Beard Club. It was a glorious place. Dimly lit, not too crowded, and attached to a Waffle House like I like all dives to be. Also, I ventured out to the wonderful world of Lafayette. Before coming to Louisiana, a person told me that Lafayette was the Mecca of the World. I reckon it is pretty dagum great. I went to the Blue Moon Saloon, which resembled someone's backyard patio if it was covered in different bands' posters and a road sign for Henderson Swamp. I watched two great bands the Pine Leaf Boys and Feufollet. I have been very excited to see both because the two groups consists of a bunch of young people, who are GREAT musicians, and have an obvious pride and respect for their culture. I watched different people, young and old do the two step all night long. During the shows, I sat next to an older lady that filled me in on the gossip of the  place, "Who was who," and "what they do." Also, I was luckily there for the opening of the Festival de Acadians (sorry if my French spelling is off.) I saw a man jump on stage and play the accordian who was generations older than the band playing, yet he still had the heat of the music pumping through him and sang with more heart than maybe anyone all night. This was the man honored that night and his face was the one that got to grace this year's poster for the festival.

This little silver fox I was sitting next to spoke in Cajun French to her buddies entering the bar all night. I ate that right up. It was hot as blazes in that place, being that it was packed, outside, with only one fan, and a super hot Louisiana night. Even though I felt like I was cookin', I was going no where. I listen to the bands sing songs about going to dances and meeting your future wife, about short dresses, and well many other sexual topics. It was one of the best shows I have been too. I just sat there in one of my silk dresses with my hair knotted up and my cowboy boots moving to the beat. I was there until the last fiddle was played and the last song sung. Can't wait to do that again!

No comments:

Post a Comment