Adventure Awaits!

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Bayou Babe

Lake Fosse Point Park-Lakeside Cabins
Hi Ladies and Gents,

Tomorrow I head back to the Henderson Bayou for an Americorps retreat for three days. I have mentioned Lake Fosse Point before. It's a beautiful place in the middle of no where without cell reception. I cannot wait to be off the grid for a bit and to do some hiking. It has been glorious in Louisanne the last two days, with temperatures in the 70s. So, I hope I get brave enough to face the monster gators, hop in a kayak, and see this little slice of heaven for myself. I hope I will be able to get some good pictures of some gators to show ya'll. This place has got some monsters! Last time I was there, I had a run in with an armadillo. I will be playing tunes with some friends, lying back, and doing a service project to better the park. Gonna be a great one.

I want to bring to my friends attention the budget cuts being made right now. I am an Americorps member and that is the program that brought me to this wonderful state. This is one of the most amazing programs offered. However, because of the budget crisis, it may be cut. The Americorps Program encompasses many things, NCCC, Vista, Teach for America, all these programs do great good for our great nation. We are people who care enough that we basically work for free and are willing to do jobs others are not. Other great programs are up to possibly be cut as well, including Planned Parenthood, NPR, and PBS. Please give your Representative a holler and help me save this program and any of the others. I really care about what I do and want to be able to keep helping others.

No comments:

Post a Comment