Adventure Awaits!

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Back from the Bayou

Went on an ADVENTURE! So, on my way to Lake Fausse Point, I got a little cocky. I decided I didn't need my GPS to find the park. Well, that was a dumb move on my part. A trip that should have just taken an hour ended up taking two and a half. However, I ain't complaining because I got to see some BEAUTIFUL country that normally I wouldn't see. I recommend to check your tires, get a full tank of gas-o-line, and get yourself lost on a pretty day in Southwest La. While rolling down the windows and turning up the NPR, I just listened to bluegrass tunes and got some sun.  I got to see more places than I had seen yet. I drove through St. Martinville, Breaux Bridge (my new future home), and many other wonderful small, traditional Louisiana towns. These were the highlights to getting lost:
1. Spanish Oaks
2. Old School Draw Bridges
3. Prisoners from Angola picking up trash in the traditional white and black stripes, like something out of "Old Brother Where Art Thou?"
Yet, I did find my way to the park after taking a levy road for about an hour, thinking the whole time I was going to get eaten by a gator if I got a flat tire. But, I did get to watch some people smoke bees while driving that crazy dirt road! While at the park, I participated in workshops, did a service project with Ranger Larry (picking up trash, catchin' snakes, chasing armadillos), and got to hang out with some friends from the Big Easy I don't get to see a lot. Here's some pictures from the swamp.

I played a song I wrote for everyone while out.


Got some more to tell, but you will have to wait til later! Don't let the gators get you!

No comments:

Post a Comment