Adventure Awaits!

Monday, January 24, 2011

HIIIIDDDDDEEEE! (Minnie Pearl Style)

Well folks, I have had the best weekend ever! I braved the cold and frigid temperature to venture out to the Blue Moon Saloon to attend the Pine Leaf Boys' Grammy send off Party! Armed with my faux rabbit fur coat and a pair of combat boots, I listened to one of my favorite Cajun bands make some music genius Friday night. I don't care if you have never set foot in Louisiana, don't know a stinkin' word of French, and could care less about accordians, you will STILL LOVE this band. The venue they played at was outside and still the place was packed with the cold setting new records of 29 degrees here in Lafayette. People started listening to the tunes, getting their Cajun bounce on, and throwing off jackets to two-step to this band. I believe this Kentuckian may finally have learned to waltz and Cajun two step (bout dagum time.)

Saturday night I took over the cajun praire. I went out to Iota, La. to hang out with some new buddies. We sat around a fire, looked up at the stars, drank a few Bud-heavies, and I may had to fight a few people to prove I wasn't a Yankee (those are fighting words in Kentucky.) I supplied baked goods (my famous chocolate chip recipe and homemade chocolate cupcakes with buttercream icing) and ate myself silly on some duck gumbo and homemade sausage.

Sunday afternoon I attended a fish fry. LORD HELP. I tell you, I ain't ever leavin' Louisiana. All the men cook for you, dance, and seem to all know how to sweet talk you in French. This may have been the best fish I have ever had. We had fried mushrooms, fried cucumbers, fried pickles, and a homemade pizza.

Well, I hope you all had a good weekend too! I got to dance, eat, and play tunes, so I am a happy camper. Here's a list of my essentials for a good Friday night.
1. Cowboy boots
2. Red lipstick
3. Hairband (in case you get hot while dancing)
4. Flask to fit in your left boot (fill it with what you please!)
5. Gum (you may end up finding someone to kiss on.)

No comments:

Post a Comment