Adventure Awaits!

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Day 2

I just maybe Bayou Bonkers! I have discovered many things since my last post---the most important being drive-thru daiquiris. I would recommend the "Hurricane" or "Wild Screw" if you want a party in your mouth, but for something tamer, the "Bahama Mama" will do. This is a land of good food, good drinks, good music, and good people. I have spent the days chasing gators and the nights chasing tunes.

Speaking of tunes, I have found some locals to start playing music with. After a little Googling, I found a group of musicians that meet once a month in Baton Rouge. All I have to do is show up with my banjo in hand. I have decided to try my damnest to learn Cajun French while on this adventure. Been asking as many questions about it as I physically can.

As for work, I had orientation on Monday. It is going to be great. Lots of really fun people with great outlooks. We are also being trained out in the woods and I am SO excited about it. I hope not only to see gators, but take in the wild bayou in all its glory. I have been looking into going to UL for grad school. I have an invitation to come sit in on one of the classes. Also, I have met some alumni that have been very helpful.

The apartment crisis has been resolved. I am now the proud renter of a one bedroom right spankin' next to LSU's campus (which is very pretty----lots of Spanish Moss.) It's in a complex which is not something for me, but it has a pool. I have refused to get cable or internet. So I will be relying on my banjo, books, and new quilting habit to entertain me. My folks are coming in to bring some more of my stuff after my great exhibition in the woods ends.

Excited because one of my favorite bands the Pine Leaf Boys will be playing at the GREAT Blue Moon Saloon soon. I have told my new friends to get ready to head westward on September 11 for some great Cajun tunes. Wish all my friends from the Ole Kaintuck could come and have a beer and a two step with me. Using the lyrics of a Hackensaw Boys' song, Friends I hope "you have the sun on your face and the wind on your back." Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment